Join Cartwheel to help tackle the student mental health crisis.
Kids spend most of their days in the classroom. And teachers and staff, who play a vital role in their development, are often the first to notice when something is off. But with 1 in 5 young people struggling with mental health, schools are getting crushed by a downward spiral in student crises and staff burnout.
With large increases in federal funding for schools and the rise of telehealth, schools are reimagining what mental health support can look like.
Cartwheel is an early-stage company building a new kind of mental health program that puts schools at the center. We see our role as supporting on-campus counselors, psychologists, and school social workers who see kids every single day. Instead of going around them, we collaborate with them. This means:
- Earlier intervention
- Higher student and family engagement in care
- Better coordination among the trusted adults in a student’s life
Kids shouldn't just aspire to get out of bed and drag themselves to class. They should be able to experience joy. They deserve to envision and build a life they’re excited to live. If you join Cartwheel, you’ll help make this vision a reality for millions of students across the country. We’re backed by top investors including General Catalyst, BoxGroup, and Able Partners, and we're looking for scrappy, mission-driven teammates to join our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the first IT Professional at Cartwheel, you’ll be responsible for establishing and managing the technological backbone of the company. This role is critical for ensuring seamless operation and scaling capabilities. You’ll work directly with the leadership team to formulate and implement technology strategies that align with Cartwheel’s business objectives.
Location: Hybrid with the ability to come into our Cambridge, MA office as needed.
Start date: October 2023
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Plan, establish, and manage the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Ensure the secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware, and software used within the organization.
- Provide day-to-day support for employees’ hardware and software needs, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to optimize operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate collaboration.
- Develop and enforce IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
WHO YOU ARE
- Team Player: You’re comfortable working in a small team and are willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can quickly pivot as priorities shift.
- Proactive: You anticipate needs and act on them without being told.
- Communicator: You have strong communication skills and can explain complex technical topics in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Problem Solver: You excel at diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues.
- Technical Skills: You have a strong technical background and are familiar with a wide range of hardware, software, and networking technologies.
- Experience: You have 3-5 years of experience in IT operations, preferably in a startup environment.
The above is a summary of the role, not an exhaustive list. If you think that you have most of the above but not everything, please apply. We'd love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE CARTWHEEL
Our hope is that Cartwheel will be your best career decision! In addition to tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time, at a company well-positioned to do so, you’ll have:
- Team-based culture with mission-driven colleagues who will go to bat for you
- Competitive cash compensation
- Excellent health insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Equity ownership stake in the company
Cartwheel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diverse backgrounds and perspectives and an inclusive work environment. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, or veteran status.